Monday 11 August 2014

Lean and Mean -

It's time to get lean and mean. I slipped. My summer holidays aren't exactly hyperactive. I do lots of meeting over food and wine, crave sweets a lot and overcompensate every little emotional issue by eating. After a year of keeping a good figure I started putting on weight. It is scary, although I am still considered slim.

I do not breastfeed much these days so there is no need to get extra energy and we sleep much better, too (all in one bed....). I am settled in a rhythm as a mother and I enjoy distractions which usually mean more food and drink.

Over and over, it is time to work out. I do the occasional yoga stretch to release and relax but it does not count as a whole proper lesson. And I am still not able to make it to a class, evenings are hectic, husband busy....

So I started working out three times a week in the mornings. I am also considering 5:2 diet, I used to fast when I was younger about twice a month, but I am not ready to give up all food for a day yet, so this lifestyle sounds about right. Plus I can have some occasional treat every now and then. It isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle and I like it.

All of this gives me some new project, a way to regain control and focus on something else than being pregnant. Because this month, with two visits, one camping trip and husband's birthday celebration there is officially no trying in our household. No romance, no planning, no trying. Seriously... are people really that keen on sex as they seem and say to be and are we not normal or are most people making it up???? No energy left by the end of the day and not much desire, too.

Maybe doing some workouts and feeling better will help me to gather the energy and spark. Maybe I will even inspire husband to join me in all above mentioned activities. I read somewhere that partners pick up each others bad habits easily. I used to be much more active and drank much less wine before I moved in with husband. But I am not blaming him. It is only I who decides to have the chocolate or wine - well not anymore!!!!! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment